Lights, camera, action!

This is actually a late blog about our minor play done at the Speech Class as a requirement in English IV (please do comment if I am wrong, thanks).

Sabina: A Tragedy by Severino Montano is a minor play in which the main charcter truly loved an American in which she found out that he was already married and decided to kill herself. Well, some of my classmates say that it was kinda pathetic because of her undying love she killed herself. She could listen to the explanation of the American first before she react THAT.

Their relationship was opposed mainly of Antero, Sabina's older brother and Cleta, her aunt. They are afraid to see that their Sabina is being gossiped by villagers when they saw the American, Mr. George Price, having an intimate relationship with a barrio girl.

I played Cleta, Sabina's aunt. I portray a character which had a very opposing mood against the relationship because I tend to care too much for Sabina after her sister, Maria, died. I really tried my best to master my lines because I didn't had a time to attend the general practices during weekends. Since I am afraid to be scolded by our directors, I stayed up the whole night before the performance just to imagine that I am portraying Cleta and not my usual self.

Our play lead into a disaster. Why? Some of the actors were not able to deliver their lines properly because of too much tension. It was a hard time that our teacher was watching us. Well, I only thought that time that I was doing a roleplay for my classmates to see what kind of demonstration I will try to do. I was able to do it surprisingly that my teacher is there. I just thought that she's not there to lessen my tension so I could deliver my lines properly, though not accurately.

Good heavens, we got 85 since our musical scoring was very good. We had trouble with the mastery of the script, actors, stage setting, negative side comments from the directors and other stuff. We were too much tensioned that we're actually doing that. I do hope we could do a better performance next time, if there is.

9 Response to "Lights, camera, action!"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    January 29, 2009 at 2:07 AM

    where can i find the whole story/ script of Sabina?

  2. Seira says:
    February 1, 2009 at 5:09 AM

    We actually have a book in English IV titled Bridges to Better Communication so we knew the story.

    It's hard to find the story in the internet.

    Hope it helped you. :D

  3. Anonymous Says:
    February 19, 2009 at 5:12 AM

    "close your sinful mouth!" - cleta

  4. Anonymous Says:
    February 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM

    "indeed, it's our duty to look after sabina. i passed by the village store this evening, and the women were laughing..."

  5. Anonymous Says:
    February 19, 2009 at 5:15 AM

    it's gossip such as yours brings the devil, cleta!

  6. Anonymous Says:
    March 16, 2009 at 6:44 AM

    haha.........nice comment and reaction... i'm a third year student here in trece martires and we have sabina as our play........ i would be playing the role of antero since i like his role very much...... a great thanks to your blog...... i found very important details for our upcoming play on friday......:]

  7. Anonymous Says:
    July 22, 2010 at 1:35 AM

    hi! where can I find a script for that play?

  8. Seira says:
    October 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM

    I'm so sorry, if you guys are looking for the script of the play, we had it on our English book way back in high school. You might ask my Alma Mater, Cavite National Science High School, in Maragondon, Cavite to let you use their library/LRC for the script. Just provide them letters that you'll be needing them.

    If you still have questions, please refer to this link: http://formspring.me/deennee

  9. Mary Joy Says:
    November 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM

    can you give me a copy of this. i needed this Sabina badly for our occasional paper, please... thank you