DLSU-CAT Experience


Religion. Morale. Culture.

These words made an outstanding Lasallian stand among the crowd and bring its achievement to other people. Ranked best among Computer-related studies, this is De La Salle University - Manila Campus.

To start it all off, I wasn't really that prepared. But I have lot of self-confidence that I can pass this exam (even though, I'm not expecting myself to pass). I went to the entrance gates where parents were crowding the gates. I got a hell experience in asking where is Gate 3 where I was supposed to enter the campus. Gate 3 stands for the Engineering Gate (EG). Yeah, I am entering this prestigious university with their masteral course, Computer Science in Specialization in Software Technology. I saw Jerolyn outside Gate 3. Together, we went in. We were like hanging our jaws very low because people around us are like college students already. Now, this is the disadvantage going into a provincial high school. I should have transferred in Manila when I was in 2nd year. *chuckles*

I took the exam in the 5th floor of the Civil Engineering building, and heck, it is air-conditioned. I didn't brought my jacket. Some of my seatmates wear a Lasallian jacket to keep their luck up or something like that. One thing that I don't regret is that each of my seatmates is an extreme hottie. Now, I love to attend my classes in DLSU everyday. *laughs* Now I shound obvious to my hidden intentions. I'm doomed.

Since I am generous enough, I am giving away tips for the next batch who will take the DLSU-CAT in DLSU-M.

1. Bring jacket. Every room in DLSU-M is air-conditioned. Well, if your skin is thick, you'll be able to handle the coldness of the room.
2. If you have some companions that you know you share the same testing area/building/room, don't bring snacks anymore. You'll be only given 15-minute break.
3. DLSU-M loves essay writing. Be sure you love essay writing when you're determined to spend your college life there.
4. If you're a girl and lucky enough to have your seatmates (front, left, right, and back) all hotties, consider it as one of the best things in your life as an upcoming college freshie. I don't know if you'd take this case also, if you're a boy.
5. Be sure you have someone to talk to from your school because you'd be 'out-of-place'.
6. Stay focused.
7. Have all of your pencils sharpened, so you won't take tim in sharpening your pencils since some subtests are only 15-minutes.
8. Be confident.

Gosh, I was really uncomfortable with the essay writing part. Because there's one boy in the room who I think don't have a concrete idea of what he was going to write. The topic is about a teenager can do to stop corruption. The proctor came to him and whispered some possible ideas which I foudn out that was already written in my paper. Now, I really find it really weird. I covered my paper up by trying to lay my head up to the paper so I can only see the paper and the endpoint of my pencil instead. It was one of the 30-minute hell of my life.

Hope I will pass this exam. Hope me to pass!

1 Response to "DLSU-CAT Experience"

  1. startedago says:
    November 1, 2008 at 3:32 AM

    I really really want to pass UST and I hope that you will pass La Salle!!