Intramurals 2008

The long awaited break of CNSHSians from schoolwork has finally arrived. Yes, I am talking about the Intramurals. Let me cite to you all the things that happen in almost a week full of tons, aches and triumph also free from schoolworks. Corny? Yeah, I talk corny shitty things.

Day 1 [October 6, 2008]

Photo credits to: Gerlyn

The start of our Intramurals. Too bad we didn't have a grand parade just like the last two years. But, we had an opening program just as usual. The officials of the sportsfest explained what sportsfest is and what can every CNSHSian will benefit. Afterwards, Mr. Tomas C. Loyola, the one who is in charge in the event announced that the event is opened. To start it all off, the cheerdance competition started. Forgive my words. This is an offensive post, and I really intend to do it. So, kindly click the 'back' button on the upper left corner of your browser before I track your IP address to hack you (now, I am kidding). The emphasized phrase is really meant, though. Read at your own risk.

The cheerdance competition. All that you can hear are the screams and yells of the students, expecting their candidates to win and leave the other years struck in awe. Heck, what's good with it anyway? Even though I was one of the crowd who always yells, not scream. It'll ruin my 'oh-so-beautiful voice'. NOT.

The Green Acers (freshmen) was the first one to show their cheerdance. Of course, we are expecting to have it like an explosive bomb. Heck, it was all the opposite. Forgive my word, but it was a lousy performance. I stated out to Marco that the freshies are having a hard time to gain confidence. The atmosphere around the crowd was awkward. Of course, it was boring. The Yellow Asus (sophomores) was the last one to perform. Their cheerdance was not that 'showy'. I really don't remember how their performance went. All I remember was the girls' pompoms were falling off like...hair. Gee, compare the pompoms to hair, I must have a disease. The Red Machintosh (juniors) were always having a hard time to cheer out their name since it is long. Alright, it is best to laugh it out. After all, I am a villain indeed. At least, I was in awe when watched their cheerdance. They had great coordination with every member of the group. With matching beats coming from the complete set of drums (it was red, too!). But I was a little bored since I think they had their performance more than 7 minutes. Finally, Blue Vaio (seniors) that I'm always making typographical errors when it comes to spell out the name. Geez, I always type in 'vaoi' since I'm thinking of 'yaoi'. Do not dare to ask me what 'yaoi' is. These people also have coordination in their stances. In their every move, you can feel that they really want to win. Unfortunately, they didn't win. It's alright, though. After all, it was only the cheerdance.

The Mr. and Ms. Physique competition (did I able to spell it right? comment me) came after the cheerdance competition. Still held in the CNSHS gymnasium. I really don't remember how this competition went since I was hardly listening/looking at the event. I was really bored. I only heard that we didn't got the first place. Well, it is expected. Our competitors were looking all 'gangsta' with their outfit. Heck, I didn't even felt that I should have chills. But, I did had chills when Arianne Ramirez (Yellow Asus - Ms. Physique of Sophomore level) walked in through the isle and showed off her gun. It was a blockbuster hit!

Alright, had lunch. Nothing fun to share about that. What's fun with eating with your voracious classmates around you? Answer me. State me 1000 reasons why should I be happy to share my food with them? Now, I sound evil. Yes, I am evil and proud to be one.

What's worst with this day? It rained hard enough to stop every outdoor game occuring on the school field. So, they went to the gymnasium to watch the match of Sepak Takraw between Green VS Red. All that you can hear are the yells of the seniors to the green team and the juniors cheering for their team. Plus, you can eally feel that there is an intense war between the Red Team and the Blue Team. That's fun. I guess, this will be a cool intramurals after all. [post modified]

Day 2 [October 8, 2008]

I can totally admit that it was fun watching the girls, always trying hard to be proper and elegant enough, playing a pretty hardcore game. Guessed it? Totally, it is basketball. It was way to fun to laugh at the girls swarming off to the innocent orange ball dude. While the other seniors are way too busy to make little Joey (Sir Ces' daughter) entertained, we are laughing like there gonna be no more tomorrow. Heck, it was way too funny. I haven't got a photo or something to prove it. Sorry 'bout that.

The other games were played simoutaneously. Since I really don't want to get sunburned and all, I stayed in the canteen with JL. Yes, we are afraid to get tanned since brown isn't my skin tone color and it would not match me. While relaxing for a little bit, we heard that there's gonna be a sack race soon. So, me and JL immediaetly jotted out our comfy chairs and started wandering under the sun to search the damned court where sack race will be held. I present to you, pictures in motion!


Sack Race Girls


Sack Race Boys

Since there is a slight misunderstanding who is the winner the boys' sack race, the official decided to have a match between Yellow VS Blue. Now, feel the wrath of the seniors.



See? We're still the champion. Dumb people don't know how to accept defeat. Hmph.

Day 3 [October 9, 2008]

I still don't know what happened to the Vaio's female volleyball team captain, since it was hard to eat her ego away. Didn't I mentioned? Blue was defeated by Green. Nice, eh? But, I saw her raising her spirits up by cheering. That is the spirit!

Oh well, it rained in the afternoon. Nothing more I remember. That only means the intramurals will be extended. That's a hell yeah for those who still have games. I can smell that my free time days are over. I can really smell it now.

Day 4 [October 10, 2008]

Though, it was pretty killjoy, we are actually having our regular classes. What the heck is that? It's not fun. I want to watch the games that are left. Oh, it is still raining. So, the games are forced to be played inside the gymnasium. It was hard to get in since everyone is trying to get shelter from the rain.

It was kinda sad that the patintero boys game between Blue and Red since we lost. But, it is okay. But then, Ma'am Bisa tried to call me and my groupmate, Chery, to go to the Chemistry laboratory since we will work for our research paper. Yeah, it was completely a killjoy day. All that I can hear are the cheers and yells. I can't see the actual game since they were all blocking my view. Darn it! So, I was thinking of every excuse to go out of the Chemistry Lab and to peek what's going on to the game.

Green proved their worth to be the queens' of CNSHS volleyball. They whipped the Red team's ass. Great thing, freshies. Afterwards, it was the volleyball boys turn. Sadly, I didn't watch it since we were locked up to do some paperworks. I am hearing my batchmates cheering like "manalo, matalo, champion pa rin kami!" where I laughed out loud. Sir Mojica was also inside the Chemistry Lab alongside with Ma'am Malones. She asked who will be over-all champion in case we lost the game. I proudly said that we're still the winners even though we lose those 2 games. Sir Mojica said that there should be no awarding if Blue Vaio won. Sorry sir, you had too, 'coz we are the champions. The Red team was countering the cheer that my batchmates cheered. They were bickering things which I find funny. Yeah, call me a weirdo. I don't 'f' care.

Alright, the awarding ceremony came. No trophies, medals or whatsoever. First time in history. Again, I sneaked out of the Chemistry Lab to check out the ceremony. Everytime we are announced to be the game champion, some of us go to the stage and dance like people who perform rituals and pose to have a picture. That was a good thing to do. After the annoucning of the overall champion, almost everyone went to the stage and transformed into party animals. That's not all, it was continued inside IV - Oxygen's room which I, didn't intend to join in the party and just want to ask Michael if he has a Microsoft Office installer, joined in the fun but left immediately since I really don't belong to that kind of world.I do hope this Intramurals will be forever cherished and we all have a morale learned during the event.

2 Response to "Intramurals 2008"

  1. Naro-kun says:
    November 2, 2008 at 2:16 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. Naro-kun says:
    November 2, 2008 at 2:20 AM

    pahiram ng kung anuman meron sa blog mo na ito...